Monday, June 9, 2014

Swoon: Concrete

Over the past year, my brilliant artist of a brother has been working...and succeeding...at creating beautiful concrete counter tops, planters, bowls, tables, coffee drips, and other fantastic things. Watching him progress with this art form has opened my eyes to a world of possibilities that the medium of concrete has to offer. Up until now, the word concrete brought to mind a parking lot or sidewalk, whereas now I see a beautiful alternative to more common materials. I am amazed at how versatile it is; it can look contemporary or traditional, sleek or cozy, but my favorite quality is its natural textural.

It is super durable (duh), which makes it a perfect candidate for kitchen counters, fireplace hearths, and even bathtubs.




















All images obtained via pinterest.com



No comments:

Post a Comment