Thursday, July 4, 2019

Hot, hot Summer



It is a wee bit warm around these parts. The no air conditioning situation here will always be rough, especially the nights. We make sure to keep Davy's nursery as cool as possible and have a fan blaring in there.  At least the flowers are pretty. The roses, peonies, delphinium and poppies are divine.

We have been spending a lot of time at the local pool, or filling up a bucket outside to cool ourselves off. I will be happy when this heat wave has past, thank goodness for shutters and fans! Zach has been on call this week for the first time which has been a bit different for us. He is finished this week and he will be happy to be rid of having to haul around his special suitcase and phone.

Davy is great, usually in his diaper and covered in sunscreen. He has become quite the messy eater and seems to need a bath several times a day. He is crazy for blueberries and avocados.



Here are some of the gorgeous blooms we have been enjoying...





 











This is our little garden complete with Hydrangea's, Dahlia's, Lavender, Eggplant, Rosemary, Thyme and Basil. It isn't much, but it's ours.


Pizza date


Arlesheim has the most beautiful community garden, Davy and I walk around here a few times a week.




"Is there anything in there for me?"

The dogs quickly learned that Davy has a tendency to drop (or throw) food, and are never far off when it is time to eat.



His hair is getting crazier by the day


I treated myself to a spritz last week, it has seemed to be the summer drink of choice in Europe and I had never tried it. I am going back soon for another


My love


Buddies

 

He is cruising all over the furniture and likes to stand





I mean....it doesn't get much better than this


 




No comments:

Post a Comment