Monday, October 3, 2016

Home, Again


We are home, exhausted, but happy. Our trip was the best, and we miss everyone we saw (and did not get to see) immensely. It has taken a full week to get back on our sleeping schedule, and poor Zach has had to work through it all.

Tomorrow is German Unity day here, it is supposed to be a celebration of the fall of the Berlin wall, but when we asked some Germans about it  all they said was that "East Germans should go back to east Germany" and that there was nothing to celebrate... geeeeeeeeze.

We went to a birthday party this weekend.  An older couple there didn't speak English, so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to practice my Deutsch. I asked them if they had any children and if yes, how many. To my understanding they had nine kids, four girls and five boys, all three years old and under...... these people were in their 60's. After more question asking, and much more confusion on my part Zach finally stepped in and informed me that in fact, they ran a daycare.... I was so close.

It is cozy weather here today and I LOVE it. Fall is my favorite time of year. I remember trying to reconcile this in my mind growing up, because I was so excited as fall was approaching... but that also meant school would start. That has to be the best thing about being a grown-up... no school.



 

 




 














No comments:

Post a Comment