Sunday, December 8, 2013

Simple Christmas : 1


 I like Christmas very much, I like the lights, the cooking, the cozy, and the family time. I don't like the crazy anticipation leading up to Christmas, you know, when stores start selling holiday items in October.... I am a firm believer that there is a time and a place for everything, and that less really is often more, especially at Christmas. Our culture seems to go overboard with everything. Bigger is better, and the holidays are no exception. I want to get back to a time of simple pleasures, and having appreciation for the small things.With that in mind, I feel the time is right for my very own (quasi-minimalist) Christmas post.

I love decorating as you very well know, and Christmas time is another excuse to break out the DIYs. After getting married and having a house of my own, it was time to establish our own traditions for the holidays. So as we approach our third Christmas together (in our third home) I feel as if my Christmas style is pretty settled. I like things simple, elegant, and natural. I will never ever have blinking lights, a fake tree, "themes", glittered ornaments, or an angel straddling our tree. Don't make things more complicated than they need to be....


One new tradition that I am loving is the small tree, they are so practical, darling, and simple ...




















all images obtained via pinterest.com









No comments:

Post a Comment