Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Guilty, no more

Since we took on our first dog in 2011, I thought I was a stern believer in "no pets allowed on the furniture." I was worried it would ruin our couches and chairs and imply that I lacked discipline.
 It started when Newton was only a few months old. We would would wake up and find he was not asleep on his bed, and venturing out into the living room, lo and behold, there he was, legs sprawled, fast asleep on the couch. He knew if he waited until we were asleep, he could creep down the hall and get on the couch (which he knew full well was not allowed during the day). We eventually caught him in the act, and it stopped for a while. That is, until the night I came home to find Newton and Zach cuddling on the couch. Nothing was said, Zach just looked at me and smiled, and that was that. From then on they have been welcomed on our couch, and despite the constant hair removal, the biggest challenge I face it getting Newton to scoot over when I want to watch a movie. So I am over the guilt, and I don't feel like a softy anymore. I love my dogs, they love me. We like to cuddle. Get over it. And thanks to Pinterest, I know I am not the only one who caved.....





















All images obtained via pinterest.com









No comments:

Post a Comment