Friday, August 9, 2013

Bookish

Ah, a library, wouldn't all of us love to have one in our homes.... if only. There is something very cozy and comforting about stacks of books, I can't explain it, it just works. In my opinion, a  book shelf shouldn't look too contrived, it should be effortless, easy, and non imposing. I hate those spaces where you feel as if you need to tip toe around, a room (especially one where you are meant to escape) should let you utterly and completely relax. Plop down on the couch without worrying about the upholstery, drink some wine, and let loose.
I am a firm believer that your surroundings should be an exact reflection on how you want and need to function in a space. When I read I want to feel completely immersed, comforted and in a space that will allow my imagination to flow freely. If we were able to make changes to our loft I would have custom built-ins along our little back wall. Then, this space could quite possibly be perfect, but in the meantime.....

Lets start with one of my all time favorites. I love the dark built-ins, complete with lovely sconces, add a comfy couch, fill with books, we are good to go...
 
Fun fun fun
 
Nothing to outrageous here, just simple comfort
 
Love the arched bookcase, adds interest to a small space, and I love how it is just stuffed with books
 
A wonderful moody getaway
 
Love the scale, a great way to make a house feel like a home
 
Light and airy
 
Who wouldn't want to sit down and read a good book in here?
 
book, books, everywhere
 
YES!
 
classic goodness
 
Needs a place to sit, but other than that it's wonderful
 
This looks pretty, but Zach would never get any sleep
 
Love the columns
 
Lovely
 
classic
Ah, the best, want to read and nap here...
 
 
 
 
 
All images obtained via pinterest.com
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment