Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Uhgggggg

Trying to get myself to sit down and finish a project is proving to be way more difficult than I anticipated. Over Christmas I finished a baby blanket (no, not for me) and I have yet to put the finishing (and painfully boring) touches on it. I am blaming it on the hot weather. For me, knitting is something that should be done in a cozy setting; but in 100 degree plus weather, sunscreen, and sweat, working on a fuzzy blanket has been far from my mind, but I really want to finish this project...

A friend suggested that I look at ravelry  https://www.ravelry.com/account/login, it is an amazing site for anyone who is interested in finding new fun, FREE patterns.For a winter project I selected this blanket because of the fun pattern (I love stripes).
 
Here are some of the options they give you, but I decided just to pick out my own color scheme
 
I went with something a little less matchy-matchy
 
 
 
So after the fun part of knitting the thing was finished I still have to sew in all of the loose ends, this is one that is completed, no strings hanging off every which way...
 
My edges need some work....
 
A lot of work....
 
wish me luck!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment