Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Getting Organized

I recently purchased Peri Wolfmans book " A Place for Everything."It's a book about how to organize the stuff of life. To many of you, organization may be second nature, but for me, it is something that I am constantly working on. I was always the sibling whose bedroom looked like a tornado ran through it, and I was notorious for "losing stuff" growing up. So, this book seemed like a good choice for me to read, sort of a self-help book for messy people.
Peri focuses on open displays, way to organize your things to be functional and visually pleasing.... right up my ally right? Not to mention she has amazing taste and a knack for arranging and accumulating beautiful things; she seems to make a stack of napkins look like it should be on the cover of Vogue.

 
So, after reading and thouroughly enjoying this book I of course set out to find some inspiring images of what beautiful organization means to me...
 
 
Arranging open shelving, one of Peri Wolfmans fortes, I like this images because it is clean and organized without looking it belongs in a hoslpital. I also imagine that having the open organization concept makes you more aware of keeping your things nice and neat, because you have to look at them all the time, no more thowing it all in a drawer and closing it (something I am exceedingly good at)
 
Removing items from their original packaging or what-have-you, and placing in a Jar.... makes your food items last longer, and is sooooo much more attraction than openly displaying your cereal boxes
 
 
wow
May be the most attractive pantry yet...
Or this one...
 
Lovely way to display beautiful items that would otherwise be hidden in a cabinet somewhere
 
 
Ok, yes, this is a store display, but Peri talks about how to use baskets as a means to store anything, I like how they look stacked in the shelves
 
Don't.we.all.wish.
 
A simple, elegant solution to dinnerwear overflow
 
baskets, jars, and chicken wire cabinet.... lovely
 
Beautiful organization can also work on the small scale
A great way to organize your knives? A magnetic knife rack, they are sooo much more handy and they stay sharper longer than if they went into a drawer or wooden block
A jar full of wooden spoons, LOVE
 
 
Hanging up pots and pans on a rack instead of stuffed in a drawer, soooo much more convenient
 
So,even though my kitchen does not have open shelving, I am going to put my dishes away today with a new found vigor for organization, and maybe I will just leave the doors open for a while to admire my handiwork.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment