Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm in trouble

It was a beautiful day here in Houston, the sun was shining, birds were singing, flowers blooming, but pretty weird for a girl from Wolf, Wyoming where the temperatures are regularly below zero this time of year.

Sounds like a pretty good way to spend the winter, right? Well being that girl from Wyoming makes me have a different sort of reaction to this weather. On my way to the store today I noticed that my AC was on full blast, I had to make sure each vent was pointing directly at me to prevent intense perspiration. I glanced down at the car thermometer and realized that it was only 72 degrees outside. God help me. Come summer, when it is 30 plus degrees warmer outside, look for me in any sort of pool, creek, pond, or in a dark closet with a fan pointing at my face; I'm in trouble.

So.... trying to enjoy this "cool spell" we spent most of the day at the dog park, the boys had a wonderful time as usual, playing fetch, exploring, and smelling dog butts. We met a rather obese Bassett hound named Romp, and an adorable white puppy named Macho, which was the albino bat from the cartoon "Anastasia" in the flesh, complete with pink ears.
Here's one of the boys, having a grand ole time as usaul, Newton wouldn't stop making funny faces for the camera.
After we returned home I did a significant amount of cleaning, funny, since we only got herer a week ago. Here are some pictures of our place looking dapper. Mind, we still need a couch, rug, etc.. I am trying to enjoy the simplicity of our things.
And then there is this...
Luckily, we were able to end the day with a delicous dinner. THANK YOU GRANDMA JUNE. For those of you who don't know, I am a devourerer (it's a word, I think) of french onion soup, it is my lot in life the find the best recipe: if it is on a menu, I order it - every time. So thank you Grandma June for the recipe to this tasty treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment